Tuesday, March 19, 2013

50 Day Throw it Away Challenge

Last year I started a tradition for myself that I like to call the 50 Day Throw it Away Challenge.  I tend to have a lot of trouble getting rid of things.  Even thing such as price tags, old rubber bands, and small pieces of yarn.  I often feel as though they will come in handy someday, and sometimes feel sorry for the item that I am getting rid of.  Furthermore, larger cleaning and organizing jobs are often overwhelming for people like me on the spectrum.  I am sharing my idea for anyone who is interested in joining my tradition.

You are free to adjust the challenge however you like, but this is how I do it.

When: I will start on the first day of spring, and continue for 50 days.

What: I will throw or give away something every day for said days.

Why: because I have a tendency to hoard things, my room is cluttered, and I will be rewarded with $10 dollars of shopping at Half Price Books.

Feel free to do more or less days and reward yourself with something when you finish.  If you forget a day, just get rid of that day's item the next day.  Last but not least, if you want, retweet, or otherwise share this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment