Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Great Grotto Grip

Hello readers,

It is summertime now, so I have some time to blog.

For the last few months, I took a math class that required me to do a lot of writing by hand.  This was causing a lot of discomfort until I found a new type of pencil grip (the Grotto Grip).  This post will show some of the pencil grips that I have tried over the year.

This is called the Grotto Grip and Fun and Function carries them here http://funandfunction.com/grotto-grip-p-346.html

I like it because not only does it have a cross over guard, but it also keeps my finger joints from binding backwards.  All in all, it allows me to write with a somewhat relaxed arm and hand.





This one is a classic.  It is called The Pencil Grip
and is better then nothing and probably works great for people who's thumb doesn't cross over.











This one is similar to the Mini Pencil Grip.  I bought them at Target and I do not remember the brand.

I really like the idea of this grip.  It is smaller and less noticeable them the other types, and therefore would be good for older kids and adults who are self conscious about needing a pencil grip.  It just doesn't have enough support for my hand.




You can find these types of grips and more at http://funandfunction.com/fine-motor-grips-c-65_70_94.html

And here is a pile of pencil grips so that you can see what they look like with out a hand in the way.  Please do not take my pictures with out permission.






















No comments:

Post a Comment